Annaëlle Surreault-Châble's thesis is based on 5 objectives which seek to:
- Understand the nature and functioning of the social links of captive populations housed in zoos.
- To determine whether Asian elephants choose their food and learn their foraging and foraging behavior through social learning.
- Explore to what extent the particular traits (such as familiarity, age, gender, etc.) of the individuals involved in the interaction are prevalent for social learning.
- To assess the mechanisms governing social learning in elephants, among a variety of cognitive processes ranging from local facilitation and / or stimuli to imitation using 3 experiments.
- Investiguer le degré d’influence des soigneurs sur les éléphants pour comprendre la relation entre les humains et les éléphants.
Births, new arrivals, new arrivals, tips, tricks, theme days ... Stay informed throughout the year of the latest news from the park. Your favorite park will no longer have any secrets for you!All the News
Many of you have sent us your colorings and your best memories. Here are our favorites.
In the company of an animator, you and your friends will discover the zoo's cuisine, prepare a meal for the giraffes and bears and give them, then you will visit the giraffes' wings.
Amana, our little dog from the bushes, was finally able to be transferred for May 25, 2022 to the Criadouro OnçaPintada park in Brazil.